Supposedly dreaming becomes much more frequent, vivid, and intense during pregnancy. I can't say that I found that to be true when pregnant with Little Boy, but this pregnancy has been much different from the start, and lately I've been having two rather startling recurring dreams.
First, I dream that the baby is born, but I keep forgetting to feed him. And I don't mean one missed feeding. I forget to feed him for days! Every night I have the dream the length of time I forget to feed him increases. Two nights ago, I dreamt that almost a month passed without my nursing him! In the dream, when I finally remember to feed him, I become panicked and start looking frantically around the house for the baby because I've also forgotten where I last put him! But when I find him, he's perfectly happy, content, and plump, as if he didn't miss any feedings at all. At least that's a relief! I've heard this is one of the most common pregnancy dreams women have, but having not experience these kind of dreams before, I always wake up confused and startled, wondering how I could possibly do such a thing!
Second, I dream that I'm in labor and the baby is just about to be born. The doctor catches him, and everyone looks down in stunned silence. He turns out to be a she! I always ask the same question in the dream - "Where's his little boy part?" (those exact words) - and the doctor always looks confused and answers me the same way - "I don't know!" I wake up from this dream confused and startled too, but I'm also becoming paranoid that the technician made a mistake with the gender, so much so that I'm thinking about asking the doctor to recheck at my next appointment! (She has an ultrasound machine in her office, though she usually only uses it your first couple and then last couple of visits.) I've heard about ultrasound techs mistaking a boy for a girl but never the other way around.
Anyone else experienced crazy pregnancy dreams? And have you ever heard of a ultrasound tech mistaking a girl for a boy? Is that even possible?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment