The weather has been unseasonably warm this past week, and I could not muster the motivation to make the usual turkey soup from my Christmas dinner leftovers. Who wants hot soup on a warm, balmy 68 degree evening after we've played outside all day without even wearing our jackets? No one. Plus, having gone slightly overboard in preparing mashed potatoes this year, I still had a large container of leftovers sitting in the fridge that I didn't want to waste. Then I remembered seeing a great-for-turkey-leftovers recipe on another blog, so I decided to give a new dish a try.
Turkey Shepherd's Pie
2 C prepared stuffing
1 C peas, warmed
1 C corn, warmed
1 C shredded carrots
2 C shredded or cubed turkey
1 C turkey gravy, warmed
2 C mashed potatoes, warmed
1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese
Grease a 2-quart baking dish. Layer the ingredients in the dish as listed in the recipe. Bake for 45 minutes on 350 degrees, covering the dish if the cheese starts to become too brown.
Super easy and super yummy! This is certainly going to become a permanent addition to my recipe box for leftover turkey. I also read one comment that said assembling the dish on Thanksgiving/Christmas Day while cleaning the kitchen saves room in the refrigerator and means that you have one less dish to prepare in the days to follow. If you have great holiday lefovers ideas, post below!
And Happy New Years Eve!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment