Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Relaxing Hour

This holiday season I have found myself out and about, busy and running around almost every day since mid-November. Despite feeling great and even resting good most nights, I am in a constant state of tiredness. In fact, the most relaxing hour of this week so far has been the hour I sat in the dentist's chair having my teeth cleaned. How sad. Especially since I usually hate going to the dentist. Having my teeth scraped with a metal hook ranks right up there with listening to nails on a chalkboard in my opinion.

And yet I enjoyed every moment of laying down and having my feet up for an hour; of not feeling guilty because I was sitting down instead of cleaning the house, shopping, wrapping presents, baking, or paying bills; of not having to watch Little Boy like a hawk to make sure he's not yanking ornaments off the tree or unplugging the computer... in all honesty, I could easily have fallen asleep! I wonder if that would have been a first for the hygienist!

Thankfully this week will end with my having a much more relaxing hour than a visit to the dentist. I'm off to Elizabeth Arden's Red Door Spa tomorrow for a 50 minute pregnancy massage! Hallelujah! I have been looking forward to this day of my pregnancy almost as much as I looked forward to finding out the baby's gender, and I can hardly wait!

1 comment:

~ Denise ~ said...

Beth...are you kidding? No follow up post about the spa? lol ;) Hope you enjoyed the pampering!