While in Michigan during the Thanksgiving holidays, we exchanged gifts with Hubby's side of the family. Little Boy certainly received several awesome toys. The only trouble seemed to be the amount of time it took his parents to extricate the toy from its packaging. While Little Boy danced in front of us screaming "Vacuum! Vacuum! Vacuum!" Mommy and Daddy wrestled with wires, screws, and tape to free the said toy. We both ended up with scratches and paper cuts all over our hands. Hubby's brother laughed at us until he later had a toy purse that he had to disentangle from monstrous packaging for his daughter.
I am still pondering the necessity of tying a toy in to its box so tightly. Is the packaging supposed to prevent children from playing with the toy in the store, stealing small parts, or returning a toy after opening it? Who knows.
As I sat working at my computer tonight and listening to the new Sara Groves Christmas CD that I won over at Tired Supergirl (woo hoo!) I noticed the lyrics of a certain catchy song.
Oh, yes. Sara Grove wrote a song about toy packaging! Now I like her even more!
Toy Packaging
by Sara Groves
Nothing makes me lose my cool like
Toy packaging
Ask the kids to leave the room for
Toy packaging
I have no choice the money's spent
I've worked for hours to make a dent
I guess it's anger management
Toy packaging
Nothing makes me lose my cool like
Toy packaging
Ask the kids please leave the room it's time for
Toy packaging
I'm drawing up a battle plan
to extricate this robot man
My self-esteem is in the can
Toy packaging
In the old days you could hold a box and shake it
And hear the pieces rattling around
My eyes tear up with these grommets, tape and twisty ties
Remembering their beautiful sound
Toy Packaging
I love Toy Packaging
(Mom! Honey!)
Nothing makes me lose my cool like toy packaging
Kids you really need to leave the room, mom's opening toy packaging
I'm sorry you have to see this sight
You must be brave, no please don't cry
I promise it will be alright
I hope to have it by tonight
Nevermind this dynamite
Toy packaging
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment