I took an unintentional blogging hiatus for the following reasons...
1) We visited Hubby's family in Michigan for a week (including two 12hr road trips, one involving an extremely car sick Little Boy. I now know how to completely dismantle the car seat in order to put it through the wash! Yuck!)
2) Little Boy cut four new teeth
3) Little Boy had a stomach bug (think 5-6 liquid poo diapers every day for a week)
4) Little Boy has a summer cold
5) As a result of 2-4 above, Little Boy gave up napping for almost two weeks
Yes, friends, I've had a long three (or four?) weeks. At the end of the day, I literally had no brain cells left to compose even a single sentence, let alone an entire blog post.
But I am back now. The situation at our house is looking up. I finally unpacked the last suitcase from our mini vacation to Michigan. Little Boy's teeth are coming in smoothly and more fully. The stomach bug is gone. The summer cold is almost gone. Little Boy took an hour and a half nap today, the longest nap he's taken in over 10 days. I did not collapse in exhaustion after dinner tonight. And I think I actually have a few brain cells in working order this evening. Yea!
So now you've heard the bad from the past several week. I am pleased to announce that there is also good to report! Here are the highlights from the past several weeks...
We had a splendid week in Michigan with Hubby's family! We met our niece Jenna for the first time (cutest niece ever!) We saw the movie Dark Knight (excellent film! I bit my nails through the entire movie!) We saw the musical Wicked (amazing! Loved it! Best musical I've seen in some time!) And we spent a lovely afternoon at Lake Michigan (naps in the sun! Need I say more?)
The best part by far, though, was waking up early to Little Boy's cries several mornings during the week, only to have Hubby's mom tell me to go back to bed while she got up with the baby. And, friends, I HEART sleep! So sleeping in past 6:30am is an unspeakable luxury for me. So, thank you, Cathy! You are the best mother-in-law a girl could ask for!
My mom and cousin stayed in our house while we were away and literally cleaned the house from top to bottom. I'm not sure the house has been cleaned in its entirety like that since Little Boy was born. I mean, we are talking everything from changing sheets to dusting to mopping to wiping off baseboards in the bathroom to scrubbing out the cats' litter box! My house sparkled like it had not sparkled in about 19 months. So, thank you, Mom! You are the best mom a girl could ask for!
And a final highlight from this week - we replaced our central air unit! Our old system, a lower grade brand, had lasted three years beyond its 15yrs expected lifespan. We have slowly been losing cool air all summer. And the straw that broke the camel's back? An exorbitant electric bill and a house that was only five degrees cooler than the 90+ degree temperature outside. We had to work an unexpected monthly payment in to the budget, but we now have a shiny new heat pump, cool air, and no more nagging fear about the system just giving out on us one day. I also have high hopes for a more affordable electric bill next month!
That's all for now, folks! I will be blogging more frequently now, so keep checking back for enlightening (or not) posts!
Oh, and as a bonus, here are two pictures of Little Boy at Lake Michigan...

No comments:
Post a Comment