Sunday, April 26, 2009

Maternity Leave

So I decided to take a vacation from blogging during my maternity leave. As if you needed me to tell you that. You might have guessed this from the TWO months that I haven't been posting!

I have good excuses, though!

Remember that cold/flu bug that Little Boy had that kept us from attending the Super Bowl party? Yes, we tossed that around the family like a hot potato the entire month of February with my becoming so sick that I had to take a course of antibiotics to regain use of my air passages. Yes, that was good times, friends. Or not.

February gave way in to March, which brought on swelling, back aches, and the general feeling of heaviness that accompanies one who is nine months pregnant. I literally felt and looked ready to pop at any moment. In fact, two weeks before my due date, I had one woman in the supermarket tell me that I looked ready "to drop that baby on the floor this very second!" I was not amused.

Finally, five days before due day, my water broke! And so started the most painful 15 hours I have ever experienced and ever hope to experience again! But it was all worth it just to finally hold Baby Boy in my arms. He was born on Monday, March 16 at 12:14pm via c-section weighing 8lbs 1oz and measuring 19-1/2 inches long. He looks nothing like his brother!

For the last six weeks, we laughed, cried, did not sleep, and have enjoyed getting to know our baby. And I'm going to keep going with this blog vacation so I can continue to do all that with my undivided attention for the next several weeks at least. You can expect to see me back here in June as I really do want to continue this blog. I hope to return with far more interesting thoughts and posts than the ones about the weather. Ha!

And, in the meantime, I joined Facebook. So look for me there if you're interested in keeping up with the day to day of me and my chaotic life.

No comments: