I can feel the baby kicking! I knew that you can feel the movement earlier the second time, but I still expected to need to wait a week or two more. I felt Little Boy move between 18-19 weeks, and I'm currently approaching week 16 with this new baby. I guess he or she really likes pumpkin spice chais since I had just finished a grande when I started feeling clear, soft thumps!
Yes, I said thumps. I most often hear baby movements described as flutters. My babies don't flutter. They thump. No graceful swan strokes here. My babies practice karate kicks. A perfectly fine practice when they're 3-4 inches long, like now. A little less pleasant when they're 20 inches long. But I enjoy the feeling far too much to complain, even when that tiny foot is jammed in my ribs.
With my last pregnancy, people told me that, after I feel those first kicks, I would realize that I've been feeling them for weeks. Nope. One day all is quiet down below, and the next...thump, thump, thump. No mistaking that feeling for anything else but baby!
My only concern this second time around is that I'll be taking abuse inside and out. Little Boy currently has no regard for personal space and thinks nothing of elbowing me, stepping on me, crawling all over me. Sigh. But I'm determined to cherish this time with my two little ones, knowing how fast the time passes and realizing that, before I know it, my babies are going to be running off to school exclaiming, "Mom! You can't hug me in front of my friends!" Sigh. Sniff. Wipe a tear away.
Why do children have to grow up so fast?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment