I know I've been MIA on the blogging front lately. I've had a couple of not-feeling-good days, quite a few so-busy-I-don't-know-which-way-is-up days, and several everything-that-can-go-wrong-just-did-go-wrong days. I've not felt like writing about those, and I seriously doubt you would want to read about those. It's unlikely that I'll have much time to blog in the next several weeks, but I'm hoping that will change shortly after Thanksgiving. I just have too many planes in the air at the moment, and that leaves little time for pursuing hobbies of any kind, including blogging.
However, as I try to keep perspective in spite of the crazy turn my life has taken and with the Thanksgiving holidays approaching, I've been pondering how much I have to be thankful for this season, especially during the economical crises. Just three blocks away, a cute house in our quiet neighborhood has several huge blue signs in the front yard. For Sale Due to Foreclosure. I believe that almost 60% of the homes on the market at this time are a result of foreclosure. Many families will not even have the security of their own home this winter. Many may not have the security of job or health insurance. Many may not be able to provide their children with even a simple holiday celebration. I may not have everything I want this holiday season, but I have far, far more than I need.
I am not in any danger of losing my home, and my husband has as much job security as is possible for a church planter. We have a beautiful, active son and another baby boy on the way. We are all healthy but also have good health care coverage. We have the money to pay our bills each month, to purchase the groceries that we need and want, and to have simple but full holidays celebrations, complete with yummy dinners, Christmas presents, and traveling to see family.
And so, this holiday season, I'm going to try to post every Thankful Thursday (or, uh, Saturday, depending on when I can find five minutes to sit at the computer!)
This week, I'm thankful for...
10) Starbucks peppermint signature hot chocolate
9) my KitchenAid mixer (oh, how I heart my KitchenAid mixer)
8) homemade chicken noodle soup and warm apple bread on a rainy evening
7) leaving for Michigan one week from tomorrow
6) Tired Supergirl's 10 Days of Thanksgiving Giveaways
5) Christmas music!
4) the groceries filling our dining room donated by people in our church for families in need in our community
3) my closest friend who sent me a beautiful bouquet of roses after I had a truly awful week
2) my two little boys, the youngest of whom I cannot wait to meet this spring
1) my hubby, who comforts me, encourages me, loves me, and supports me through the ups and downs of our crazy life
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment